But how did it taste?



Atmosphere: Flawless
Definitely the main attraction is the place. Right on the intercoastal waterway, huge kid-friendly sandbox area, bright colors, musician stage, big picnic tables to sit at, etc etc. It doesn't get more beachy than this. You won't be dissapointed.
Service: MediocreLulu's obviously has a ton of business because when I had a special request for my dish they said sorry, the kitchen doesn't do special requests. Sounds like the Apple of the restaurant biz. I guess when people flock to you, you can afford to set some limits. It wasn't even a big request so that suprised me. Other than that service was great.

Food: Just pretty good
I asked the waitress what the best thing on the menu was and without hesitating she said the Mahi Mahi tacos. They were ok, not amazing. Other dishes were the pineapple topped hamburger, which was excellent, and the blackened mahi mahi greek salad, which was just pretty good. Not terribly dissapointed with the meal but not impressed either. It's a solid meal, but the attraction isn't the incredible food.

Verdict: Go to have a good time, not to have your tastebuds amazed.
Lulu's is located just off Hwy 59 in Gulf Shores
View Larger Map
1 comment:
Ok, WASH!! So, I guess you didn't know I am a regular blog-stalker of yours, but.... SURPRISE!! And, let's talk about the fact that with your latest restaurant review, you were 30 minutes from my house!! How fun:) We do like Lulu's, but you're right, it's only "ok"... and, I always get the Fish Tacos:)
Sloan is precious and so handsome. Wish I knew your wife, b/c she seems wonderful as well!:) Hope all is well. Take care of your sweet family!
Adriane
Post a Comment