
Atmosphere: Down home double wide
I liked it. Something endearing about eating BBQ in a double wide with classic red/white picnic table cloths. I'm not sure I would franchise the look, but it works for a local spot in Waynesboro. If you look at the pick above you can see it really is a double wide trailor.

Service: Good with a southern accent
You order at a window and the peeps behind the counter are really nice. They even put extra food on the plate for some newcomers. Funny thing is they closed at 8 pm on a friday night, so luckily they kept it open a little longer for us.

Food: Better than average
Since Memphis has so many good bbq spots, there is a lot of competition with my tastebuds. Huff n' Puff came strong but I can think of several places I would rather eat bbq than here. I wouldn't be sad if I had to eat there again, but I doubt I would have ever thought again about it if it wasn't for this blog. The sauce was too sweet and I don't like sweet bbq. The red beans and rice were nice, and the potatoe salad was loaded with sour cream, which makes me queasy.

Verdict: Definitely the best place to stop halfway to the coast from Memphis, but don't go out of your way to get there.
Huff n' Puff is off Hwy 145 in Waynesboro, MS
View Larger Map
No comments:
Post a Comment