Ben + Ashley + Sloan + Haley = The Washers. This is the blog.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Review: Leonard's Pit Barbeque - Memphis, TN

Ashley and I like to try new spots to eat so I thought it would be good for the millions reading this blog to let us be the guinea pigs for places you haven't been. I'll rate Atmosphere, Service, and then the most important Taste.

Last night we went down to southeast memphis to try out Leonard's Pit BBQ. If you look on the website you will see they are going to be featured on the Food Network...WHAT?!





Atmosphere: Lame-O

I found out Leonards started in the 1920's and this location was created in the 80's, but it's not cool throwback 80's. They have a car in the middle of the first room that is cool...I guess. You know how some old restuarants have this charm to them and you wouldn't want to change a thing? Well, that is not Leonards. It is old without the charm, just a very dark and overall pretty dreary feeling vibe.

Service: Fine
We had a nice lad serving us. It was a buffet so they got off easy here but he did have prompt drink delivery. Everyone that worked there was nice.


Taste: Mediocre

This is where all the other categories can fade away, right? If the food is awesome then you can have me eating in the bathroom. Leonard's came up far short of what I would expect from a place that the Food Network is covering. It was a small buffet with plenty of OK food to choose from. I tried almost everything, the best was the baked chicken, the greens, the mac and cheese, and the yeast rolls.





Supposedly the time to come is for the Sunday lunch buffet and we appeared on Sunday evening.

Towards the end of the meal I was so confused. Why do people like this place? So I asked the waiter, "What to people come to Leonards for?"

"The onion rings and the lemon icebox pie."

WHAT?!


Verdict: Don't go




















View Larger Map

No comments:

Blog Archive