So my first Father's day brought me $75 in iTunes gift certificates (note: iTunes gift cards are the key to my heart and the only thing I usually request for gifts). The only problem is I haven't been able to stay fresh on what's hot in the music world.
Can I get some suggestions? Specific songs would be best. I like everything but country and R&B, so hit me with something you are loving lately.
Ben + Ashley + Sloan + Haley = The Washers. This is the blog.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Adele's album "19" is solid. "Hometown Glory" is one of the strongest songs. A nice pre-album single is "The Quest" by Bryn Christopher. Check out "Out of Control" by Kenna if you haven't heard him already. I'm deep into Brit artists right now like the ones I just mentioned and there 's some good stuff going on!
Hometown Glory caught my ear and I bought that mug. Gratzi
Check out Duffy and see what you think. You won't like her if you don't like the sort of throaty Amy Winehouse sound.
We can give you a few suggestions if you'd like.
i havent actually listened to this guy but music goorooo friends said Josh Kelley is Amazing! especially his song "Amazing" im gunna check it out right now actually!
She & Him, Volume One
Feist, Open Season
Sigur Ros (not till 24th of June)
Stars, in our bedroom after the war
Metric
Alex Dupree & the trapdoor band
Lecrae, After the Music Stops
Band of Horses
Mates of State
Meryll, Happened
Sparklehorse, Dreamt for light years...
Eisley, Combinations
If you are looking for HHH Group Ben...cop the Frontlynaz new album Game Over. If you don't like..I'll refund your money. I feel that strong about it.
Dana,
All of the music you recommended sounds like it could be the soundtrack for a Juno sequel or any one of the Fox Searchlight films. I bought up Take Me to the Riot by Stars.
Wade-O,
I'll check them out again. All I've heard is some previews a while back. Thanks for the heads up!
check out Job Foreman's new albums. Switchfoot lead singer's solo thing...
I only listen to country and R&B. But if you want to be cool like the rest of the world just buy N.E.R.D and Santogold. Thats what all the kids are doing these days...what?!
Hey bro, you posted on my blog awhile ago and I never saw it...sorry bout that. Recently, I couldn't access reachrecords.com for some reason either :/.
Post a Comment