Ben + Ashley + Sloan + Haley = The Washers. This is the blog.

Monday, April 7, 2008

I am a Koala Bear




























So Ashley is all about some healthy eats.  I tell her "I'll eat whatever you cook".  That's easy for me because usually it means an incredible meal.  I've also endured some more interesting forays into cooking with her occasional vegan delight.  

Well recently she decided to do a 21 day detox diet.  The diet is probably the most healthy thing you could do but definitely the most scary for an american, red meat, fried everything culture.   For the next 3 weeks I have to eat nothing but raw fruits, raw vegetables, and raw nuts.  Everything is "from the earth" and very pleasing to the northwestern area of the US.  (I've found there are entire families that eat this way

You have to eat a truckload of food on this thing.  I eat so many leaves I feel like a koala bear.  Also, I can't have coffee (ouch!).  Today was the first day and it wasn't too bad.  I agreed to this thing rather half-heartedly so if I quit in the next 24 hours don't be shocked.




























If I stick with it maybe I'll chronicle a few of my ups and downs.  Supposedly you feel great after about a week...will I make it that long?  Tonight I'm watching the game with some friends and there will most definitely be cheese dip in abundance.

Raw Vegan 4 Life!


1 comment:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

DONT DO IT BEN!! I saw this whole study on how detox diets are all in the mind and totally dont work. They say its better to call them "diet starters" then detox. Just eat healthy and save your taste buds!!